Monday, September 29, 2014

31 Days introduced



I decided it's time, so I told a couple people, I decided a theme, and I wrote a schedule. I'm joining 31 Days, a blogging challenge to write on one topic for the length of October. Even the theme was pretty easy. In January, my mom challenged me to pick a word for the year. This year, it was COURAGE. And it's been fun. The word has popped up everywhere, partly, as I've learned, because it is the root of our existence. "Our" being the adventurous, the young, the Phaneufs, the Christians. And so, beginning Oct. 1, I will write 31 days in a row about courage and why it is the legs we stand on. 

I often wonder why I write. What's it all for, anyway? Me? It's true that writing helps me know what I think. Joan Didion says, "I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, and what it means. What I want and what I fear." So on the one hand, I don't plan to overwhelm my social media accounts, blaring the loud music that will be playing here for 31 days. 

But on the other hand, this is the only art I have to offer the world. So I'm saying it now and I might say it again at some point throughout the month. You can read, you can tell me you did or not. That's up to you. Remember the spider? I'll be here no matter what.


No comments:

Post a Comment