Friday, October 31, 2014

A last word on courage


So, it's day 31. I want to leave a brief final thought. Courage is the starting point. It connects desire with attempt, question with answer, 'I want to be' with 'I am.' And it can't be faked because it's entirely personal and you will know if you're acting out of fear or courage. So what are you afraid of? I've realized that the thing I love most about myself is my honesty. I don't let myself get away with putting on airs and making up stuff because I taste the lies like bile in the back of my throat. I'm not interested in pleasing any person except that guy with the blurry eyes who stuck his smirking face in my photo, making it one of my most treasured possessions. On that trip, he taught me you can be inspired by others but you're rarely moved by them. That power lies in your spirit – your soul – the part of you that gives you the look when you slip into acting instead of living.

When Joshua took over leading Israel, God spent a lot of time telling him to be strong and courageous. He said it over and over. Be strong and very courageous because I'm with you. For what? Be courageous for what?

For anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment